Bread Drop is a ministry based at Emmanuel Lutheran Church in Souderton that provides peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, snack bags and fresh fruit to hungry people in three southeastern Pennsylvania counties. Grace Lutheran is a collection site. As of January, 2023, Bread Drop volunteers have provided more than 300,000 PB&J sandwiches to those in need!
Instructions for dropoff (find a printable PDF here: Bread Drop Reminder): In order to get everyone on the same page, here are a few reminders of how you can be involved in preparing donations for Grace:
- Dropoff at Grace Lutheran Church is Tuesday from 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Sandwiches should be made using store brand ingredients and individually placed in a sandwich-sized zip lock bag. Please use white bread, creamy peanut butter and grape jelly. Do not cut the sandwiches in half.
- If you want to make snack bags, contact Ann Marie Heidgerd at (215) 723-7514 for directions.
- Our fruit bags are popular and simple: one orange and one apple in a zip lock bag. If you want to donate bulk fruit, we have someone who will put the fruit in bags for distribution.
- Socks, gloves, and hats are welcome. Do not buy expensive things as the recipients typically wear them until they are dirty and throw them away, due to not having a place to wash/dry the articles.
Please see this letter from Grace member Karen Seiler (August 2, 2023) asking for drivers for the 11 a.m. run from Grace to Emmanuel Lutheran Church, 69 W. Broad in Souderton:
Bread Drop_Aug 2023 We Need You
Thank you for your continued support. Your work makes a huge difference. We pray for you and am grateful for you, every day.