Bread Drop is a feeding ministry based at Emmanuel Lutheran Church in Souderton, for which Grace Lutheran is a dropoff site. It is run by Grace member Lou Farrell with an army of volunteers. As of November, 2021 Bread Drop volunteers have provided more than 200,000 PBJ sandwiches to those in need!
Instructions for dropoff, November 2021: (find a printable PDF here: Bread Drop Reminder):
With the cold weather coming, the need is greater and Bread Drop is growing, adding two partners this week. In order to get everyone on the same page, here are a few reminders of how you can be involved in preparing donations for Grace:
- Dropoff at Grace Lutheran Church is Tuesday from 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Sandwiches should be made using store brand ingredients and individually placed in a sandwich-sized zip lock bag. Please use white bread, creamy peanut butter and grape jelly. Do not cut the sandwiches in half.
- If you want to make snack bags, contact Lou at email@example.com and he will send directions.
- Our fruit bags are popular and simple: one orange and one apple in a zip lock bag. If you want to donate bulk fruit, we have someone who will put the fruit in bags for distribution.
- Socks, gloves, and hats are welcome. Do not buy expensive things as the recipients typically wear them until they are dirty and throw them away, due to not having a place to wash/dry the articles.
Thank you for your continued support. Your work makes a huge difference. I pray for you and am grateful for you, every day.